Search my Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

SV5DKL-R Echolink node 657316 QRX .. SV5DKL-L Echolink node 657314 QRV !!

SV5DKL-R is my personal Echolink node with unique number identifier 657316. It is operated 100% by me, from my premises and I will assume all responsibility for its operation and performance.
It has been the most reliable and operable Echolink node in Dodecanese since its first day of operation, as it was linked to local R6B repeater of Rhodes, and provided trouble-free communication to its users.

Today, I was asked from the Administrative Council of the Radio Amateur Union of Dodecanese to change the callsign used for my Echolink node and to use their callsign, instead, under the allegation that "THE FREQUENCY BELONGS TO THE UNION" ... !!!
Furthermore, I was told that if I wouldn't comply with this, I'd better remove my Echolink node from R6B ... and that was a request.

So ...

I've decided to put SV5DKL-R on hold for the time being, while at the same time I implemented a new Echolink node SV5DKL-L with unique number identifier 657314, which operates in simplex frequency of 2m VHF band at 145.225.
The new node is already operable, tested and ready to host a QSO as well as a Conference. Of course, SV5DKL-L's coverage will be greatly reduced in comparison with SV5DKL-R, maybe up to a radius of 8-10 kilometers around my QTH, at most, but still I will be happy to see radio amateurs using it.

Given the chance, I want to inform everyone that I am no longer a member of the Radio Amateur Union of Dodecanese, after my written statement of deletion from RAUD's member register, which I mailed them on March 26, 2015.

Ending this post, I would like to apologize to all those that used to communicate via SV5DKL-R all these years, for this end of operation, but I find what I was asked to do, at least, outrageous and by no means can I agree to such philosophies and tactics.

73
Stathis, SV5DKL
 

1 comment:

luqman said...

Your post has understood some big things, some things did not understand.

khan dish network