As my participation was limited to 80m, significant less work was required to on the audio files. For all those that have sent me e-mails asking several technical questions on this matter, here is my solution in synopsis:
- All recording sessions are done via Writelog for Windows with the Lame MP3 codec.
- Echo microphone when transmit is always enabled.
- MONI function on my rigs is always on.
- Post contest editing is done with Sony's Sound Forge v9.0 and in particular, I am using the Wave Hammer plugin and after that the Envelope function, in order to normalize my audio to 6db level.
- The final audio files are about 14,6 MB / 1 hour of recorded audio. So for a full 48-hour participation total audio size would be somewhat 700,8 MB ... that is a single CD-ROM !!
- The source code of my Online Searchable Contest Audio Database is courtesy of www.writelog.com and it runs on a PHP 5.0 server.
- Few interventions made in the source code are my courtesy and were required in order to make this whole thing feasible.
Whether we had a QSO or not during the contests, you may visit my Online Searchable Contest Audio Database clicking the following link and even get a downloadable clip of our contact: