Search my Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

TY1AA new one on 6m !!

The IDT (Italian DXpedition Team) have done it again, activating yet another rare DXCC from Africa.

This time it was Benin's turn, and the I2YSB company have already made almost 35k QSOs, under the callsign TY1AA, still going strong from their well appointed shack.

I was hunting them just for bands/modes I've been missing TY, but on 6m it was a totally new bandslot for my DXCC & DXCC Challenge totals.

On Sep. 14th afternoon, they were really strong on 6m CW and they had a big EU pileup, but a couple of calls under HP was all that was required to make it through ;-)

 

After Benin, I am happily numbering 103 DXCC on 6m, still waiting for less than 9 confirmations to be liable to apply for my 6m DXCC, too!
 

No comments: