Search my Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

3D2C is over !! Great job !!

Dr. Hrane, YT1AD and his team did it again !! The Southern Pacific DXpeditioners gave us again a nice new one for our DXCC.

3D2C Conway Reef DXpedition is over after making in total 71.963 QSOs in HF+6m bands. QSO dispersion was almost equal between EU, AS and NA, although Conway is located in one of the farthest areas for EU and AS.

I was lucky enough to work 3D2C in 7 bands (80m-10m, missing 30m) in SSB/CW modes, although I also wanted at least a QSO in digi modes.

Below is my search result from 3D2C web site:

3D2C Log Search Results for SV5DKL
CWSSBRTTYPSKJT65
160m-----
80mX----
40mX----
30m-----
20mXX---
17mXX---
15mXX---
12m-X---
10mX----
6m-----
2m-----
Number of QSO(s) including dupe: 10

OC-112 from Conway was also a new IOTA for my log, currently measuring 380 worked IOTAs in total.

What was particularly interesting from my side, as far as 3D2C operation is concerned, was the huge signal coming in from Short Path, almost each day on 15m SSB !! The S-meter was always at s8-s9, peaking +10db/+20db at times.
Also, while HamCap showed non-existent propagation from my part of the world to Conway on 40 and 80 meters, I was able to work them in both bands at late afternoon hours, before even my sunset.

Overall, I believe experience counts. And, for sure, Hrane knows what to do in order to make a DXpedition a big success.

Looking forward to next year's Southern Pacific DXpedition from the Boyz, another new one will be much appreciated.

73s from Rhodes Isl.

Stathis, SV5DKL

No comments: